Monday, January 5, 2009

Less than a week!!

I will be in Italy in one week! It sounds crazy, unreal. I have been busy this winter break getting everything together. It has been a lot to do but pretty enjoyable. 
I have packed everything for the most part to make sure everything fits. And i already weeded out a couple stacks of clothes so I am not bringing too much. My clothes fit fine in my one big suitcase without even putting them in spacesaver bags, so thats a good sign. I have gotten some travel size toiletries for weekends and July and so I don't have big bottles of things that I can obviously buy there. Tomorrow I am doing some of my last errands- going to the bank and buying a new computer battery (mine is over two years old and needs to be replaced). After than i think im pretty set. I am going back to Theta tomorrow night until Friday. So the middle of my week is shot-- except for being able to visit with and say arrivederci to my sisters!
Yesterday i spent the day online looking for apartments and making profiles. My search went well and there are many possibilities I am looking into. I also got an email this morning from someone who found my profile on EasyStanza. It is a huge apartment, over 2,ooo square feet, 5 bedrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 baths, 2 living rooms and 8 roommates- 4 italian and 4 foreigners. They sent pictures of the place and them. I am interested at the moment. I sent them a long email back about myself. I would love to live with a lot of roommates - like that foreign film L'Auberge Espagnole. It would be more interesting that just one other roommate. But i'll have to  wait to see whats there once i am there.
Earlier today i talked to Lauren about a lot of stuff we need to get done before depature, it was good to finally talk and settle things. On Sunday my flight to Chicago is early in the morning because American only offers a few direct flights. And our flight leaving Chicago to Brussels doesn't leave til like 4:30pm. So hopefully it will work out that i can spend the day at Lauren's house since she doesn't live far from the airport. 
I also spent an afternoon, a few days ago, looking at cell phone service providers since i have to get a phone the day after i arrive. the sites were hard to understand in italian, mostly words i've never learned before. but it will hopefully be easier in the stores. 
I am getting very excited now that i am getting packed, looking a cell phone services and finding apartments. I had a lot of excited energy at the gym today, which made for a nice long run on the treadmill. Speaking of the gym, I looked into discounts i get get from my International Student ID Card and one i found in Bologna is for half price subscription fee at a gym in centro- maybe it will work out for a gym, it's called Fitness First and I wonder what their equipment is like. 
Well I should definitely get some sleep so I am not completely opposite Italy's timezone. 
Ciao!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck in Italy, love! Have a great flight, and I hope it goes really smoothly! Also thanks for becomming my first follower (again)! Don't forget to skype me :-)